PT Volunteer Coordinator
Non-profit Lookout Mountain CASA seeking to hire a part-time Volunteer Coordinator serving Catoosa, Dade, and Walker County, GA. The successful candidate will have concern for children's safety, proven track record in supervising and coordinating volunteers, administrative skills, and more.
Volunteer Coordinator is primarily responsible for volunteer services (recruitment, training, supervision, and recognition), case coordination/documentation, and assists withy community education and public awareness. This position supports the CASA mission, providing advocacy services to abused and neglected children involved in Juvenile Court deprivation proceedings.
- Reports directly to the Executive Director
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate with, supervise, develop, and empower volunteers for maximum effectiveness
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and data management
- Ability to work cooperatively with different types of personalities and viewpoints
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred: child development, social sciences, social work, education or related field (or equivalent experience preferred)
- Two years’ experience in two or more of these areas preferred: social services, child advocacy, volunteer supervision/training, CASA Volunteer, guardian ad litem, or child welfare education
- Supervise CASA volunteers and provide needed support and assistance.
- Provide pre-service and in-service training for volunteers.
- Assist in recruiting and screening volunteers on an ongoing basis to ensure that a sufficient number of well-trained and supervised CASAs are available for case assignment.
- Coordinate case assignments with the court and volunteers
- Assist with community education and volunteer recognition.
- Participate in development opportunities such as CASA training/conferences.
- Maintain case and volunteer information in files and within the program system(s)
- Review, edit, and approve CASA Volunteer reports
- Track and regularly attend court hearings and home visits with volunteers (travel required)
- Work in cooperation with the Executive Director in the areas of resource development, public awareness, and planning/evaluation
- Note: Current opening is part-time (20 hours) with future possibility of becoming full-time.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume not later than 12/9 to: